Partner Integrations Team Java Developer
7digital is the global leader in B2B digital music solutions, working with clients and partners to transform the listening experience.
Our Partner Integrations team builds Client facing services for streaming, interactive and traditional terrestrial radio services.
Our solutions allow customers to create and publish channels of music that listeners can consume on the web and in apps. The products take the form of public APIs that have to be robust and capable of scaling to high volumes of usage, as well as client facing dashboards.
Listeners choose channels that suit their music tastes and combine channels to create personal experiences that blend different kinds of music into one seamless stream.
We’ve been working on a hybrid radio service that connects traditional broadcast radio, digital radio and online streaming, as well as a managed DMCA compliant radio playback service that manages all aspects of music licensing, catered for specific clients such as Grandpad and Klassik Radio .
Our broadcast metadata software allows stations to increase their visibility on DAB, digital and satellite TV and IP radio platforms by giving broadcasters tools that let them manage their metadata for each of the platforms on which they broadcast.
Our focus is to deliver efficient, reliable solutions for 7digital client business problems as well as offering best in class technical solutions.
Customers include industry leaders such as the BBC, Bauer Media and Global Eagle Entertainment as well as hardware partners such as Pioneer.
Some info about our tech and processes
- Primarily Java, heavy use of Spring Framework - recently Spring Boot
- JUnit, Cucumber, Spock for testing
- Git and Github
- Agile team, running a Scrum-ban combination with regular retrospectives
- Some Groovy and Python scripting
- Gradle, Maven, Ant (older applications) for builds
- MongoDB, Elasticsearch and Redis. Whatever is the appropriate tool for the job.
- 3rd party services for logging and metrics (SumoLogic)
- Tomcat, Apache httpd servers
- Varnish for caching
- Just about everything runs in Amazon Web Services (AWS) on CentOS based servers. A lot of recent infrastructure is defined through CloudFormation templates and quite a few applications deployed to Elastic Beanstalk.
- We are committed to automation wherever possible, embracing continuous delivery and the DevOps movement.
We are looking for a strong Java developer who;
- Values the opportunity to learn and isn’t afraid to be thrown in at the deep end.
- Willing to take ownership and push forward.
- Able to collaborate and help the team grow and improve.
- Communicates well and is able to work with customers directly.
- Doesn’t mind doing a mix of back-end and front-end development.
- Ensures that software is built according to standards and quality is maintained.
- Doesn’t mind providing systems support to customers.
And in terms of skills:
- Have at least 5 years experience working in a software development role and will be able to demonstrate strong skills in the following areas:
- Core Java
- Spring Framework
- JSON and XML - our applications integrate with third-party systems using a range of data formats
- RDBMS / SQL
- HTTP and REST (for APIs)
- Some Nodejs (ES6), AWS knowledge would also be of benefit
- A polyglot programmer, preferably some of Groovy, Python, Perl, PHP, C#
- Good Linux skills
- Desirable - Docker, Spring Boot, NoSQL, MongoDB, Elasticsearch
- 25 days holiday (increasing by one day each January, up to a maximum of 30 days).
- Bonus birthday day off.
- Pension Scheme – matched contributions up to 3%.
- Healthshield cash back scheme.
- Travel season ticket loan.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Flexible working hours.
- Up to 3 days paid each year to do volunteer/charity work.