IT Support Engineer
7digital is a b2b digital music solutions company. We work with clients and partners to transform the listening experience for music fans like you, around the world. Our digital music platform and flexible APIs are used to power comprehensive music and radio services for leading consumer brands, mobile carriers, automotive systems, retailers, broadcasters and record labels. Alongside great technology, we offer global music rights, award-winning radio production services, and content management expertise, making us a leading global partner in the digital music industry.
We are looking for an IT Support Engineer to join our busy London office as a point of contact for internal IT related queries. You will be taking care of office servers, desktops, software, laptops, services, monitors, meeting rooms and phones, while working across a variety of systems including Windows desktops, Macs and Linux.
You will be part of a small team responsible for IT Systems (LAN, WAN, VOIP Infrastructure, conferencing, desktop, server & network systems) and will be working alongside the team that manages our SaaS platform.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated individual who’s willing to learn and meet the demands of a fast-paced technology company. This role is ideal for someone looking to further develop their experience in a support based role and improve processes in a complex technical environment.
How you’ll spend your time at 7digital -
- Acting as the first point of contact for issues relating to IT Support, using Jira to help manage workflow.
- Ensuring that computers, printers, and other peripherals are in operating order.
- Developing and following procedures for all aspects of the role.
- Managing and keeping an inventory of company assets (laptops, desktops, mobiles, software licenses).
- Participating in planned projects to facilitate upgrades and replace systems.
- Escalating issues where appropriate.
- Assisting in 2nd line for desktop, phone and server issues.
- Assisting in developing the internal systems at 7digital.
- Setting up and configuring new laptops and desktops.
- Setting up new users and administering changes to individual and group user permissions.
- Installing authorised software to laptops and desktops.
- Ensuring security and upgrades are applied to systems using automation, e.g. group policies.
- Troubleshooting hardware, software and basic networking faults - investigating causes, diagnosing faults and researching and implementing solutions.
- Passionate about IT.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Excellent customer service skills, with previous experience in a customer service role.
- Great communication skills.
- Highly organised and reliable.
- Able to explain technical issues in non- technical ways.
- Team player.
- Able to “think outside the box” to resolve issues.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Previous experience of working on an IT helpdesk
- A proactive approach to identifying ways to improve services.
- 25 days' holiday (increasing by one day each January, up to a maximum of 30 days).
- Bonus birthday day off.
- Pension Scheme – matched contributions up to 3%.
- Healthshield cash back scheme.
- Travel season ticket loan.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Flexible working hours.
- Up to 3 days' paid each year to do volunteer/charity work.
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!