IT Support Engineer
7digital is transforming the listening experience for music fans, like you. Our robust, scalable digital music platform and flexible APIs are used to power comprehensive music and radio services for leading consumer brands, mobile carriers, broadcasters, automotive systems, retailers, record labels. Alongside great technology, we offer global music rights, award-winning radio production services, and content management expertise, making us a leading global partner in this industry.
Centred at the heart of 7digital, the IT Support team are responsible for the office infrastructure and daily running of support. We look after office servers, desktops, software, laptops, services, monitors, meeting rooms, phones & mobiles. We are the ‘go to’ team if someone has an IT related enquiry.
Joining the IT Support team you will be the primary point of contact, assisting people in their day-to-day operations, ensuring smooth running of office infrastructure and help anyone that has an IT problem. We’re looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated individual who’s willing to learn and meet the demands of a fast paced technology company. This role is ideal for someone looking to gain experience in a support based role, at one of the leading companies in its field.
How you’ll spend your time at 7digital -
- To act as the first point of contact for issues relating to IT Support
- Ensure that computers, printers, and other peripherals are in operating order
- Managing and keeping an inventory of company assets (laptops, desktops, mobiles)
- Log and manage Service Desk calls in line with process and procedure
- Assist with office layout rearrangements and associated IT tasks as required
- Act on service desk calls as appropriate
- Participating in planned projects to facilitate upgrades and replace systems
- Escalate issues where appropriate
- Assist in 2nd line for desktop and simple server issues
- Setup and configure new laptops and desktops
- Setup new users and administer changes to individual and group user permissions
- Install authorised software to laptops and desktops
- Ensure security and upgrades are applied to desktops and laptops are kept up to date
- Troubleshoot hardware, software and basic networking faults investigating causes, diagnosing faults and researching and implementing solutions.
Our ideal candidate will have a passion for IT, be self-motivated and enjoy providing excellent customer service. This role requires you to be a team player, have strong communication and organisation skills along with a courteous manner with the ability to explain technical issues in non-technical ways.
You will have previous experience of working on an IT Helpdesk and have customer service experience. You should be able to work independently and have an aptitude for problem solving and a proactive approach to identifying ways to improve services provided by your team.
You will be working as part of a team responsible for IT Systems (LAN, WAN, VOIP Infrastructure, conferencing, desktop, server & network systems).
- Excellent customer service
- Great communication skills
- Very organised and reliable
- Ability to “think outside the box” to resolve issues
- Attention to detail
This is a fantastic opportunity for a semi-experienced IT Support Engineer to take their career to the next level. You will be exposed to the latest tools and technologies and progress your knowledge considerably.
Flexible working hours
Modern office located in Shoreditch
Pension & share option schemes
Season ticket loan & cycle to work scheme
Refer a friend scheme
Free fruit, coffees and beers on Fridays