Java Developer - Partner Integrations Team
7digital is a b2b digital music solutions company. We work with clients and partners to transform the listening experience for music fans like you, around the world. Our digital music platform and flexible APIs are used to power comprehensive music and radio services for leading consumer brands, mobile carriers, automotive systems, retailers, broadcasters and record labels. Alongside great technology, we offer global music rights, award-winning radio production services, and content management expertise, making us a leading global partner in the digital music industry.
We are looking for a mid level Java developer who;
- Values the opportunity to learn.
- Is willing to take ownership and push forward.
- Is able to collaborate and grow and improve as part of the team.
- Communicates well and is able to work with customers directly.
- Enjoys both back-end and front-end development.
- Passionate about maintaining standards, quality and best-practices
As part of the Partner Integrations team, you will be building api integrations with our partners to help enhance our Core Api and Platform offerings, and client facing services for streaming, interactive and traditional terrestrial radio services. Our focus is to deliver efficient, reliable solutions for 7digital client business problems as well as offering best in class technical solutions.
We’re working at significant scale – our API Platform is handling billions of requests per month and growing quickly. You’ll be joining an enthusiastic team who enjoy what they do. Things like Pair Programming, TDD/BDD, Refactoring, Retrospectives and Continuous Integration and Delivery are deeply embedded and we’re constantly striving to improve the way we work. We know typing is not the bottleneck, so there are plenty of other things going on:
- You can take part in regular sessions sharing ideas, doing Katas/Dojos and discussing practices and technologies.
- You will get up to two days “innovation time” a month to investigate new technologies or product ideas.
- As a member of the team, you will be able to play an active role in shaping the architecture and tech stack underpinning our platform. The tech team defines the solutions to the problems we are asked to solve.
- You can attend conferences and community events, both as a participant or contributor - we’ve presented/ran sessions at XP2016, QCon, SPA, Strata + Hadoop World, Agile Cambridge, Agile Manchester, APIdays, XPDay, Agile on the Beach and many others.
- You can help us host our own popular community event – Devs in the ‘ditch
Technology you'll get to use
Our production systems predominantly use Java on AWS Lambda Functions / Elastic Beanstalk. We’d be interested in you if you’re from any background as long as you have a keen understanding of good programming practices. We have a strong devops culture and like to use services that help us create great products; from CDNs to monitoring to anomaly detection. We’d expect you to be proficient in more than one technology stack. Here’s a sample list of technologies we currently use:
- Java, Groovy, Node.js, Python, .NET Core
- REST, Queues, Document Databases
- Infrastructure as code - AWS CloudFormation, Terraform, Serverless
- Linux, Docker
- Elasticsearch, Redis, MongoDb, SQS/SNS, ApiGateway, Runscope, DataDog, SumoLogic, Spock
In terms of skills
- Have at least 3 years experience working in a software development role and will be able to demonstrate strong skills in the following areas:
- Core Java and Groovy, Spring Framework
- Continuous Integration / Delivery, TDD
- JSON and XML - our applications integrate with third-party systems using a range of data formats
- HTTP and REST (for APIs)
- Some knowledge of Cloud service providers (mainly AWS) would also be of benefit, especially AWS Lambda and Serverless infrastructure / frameworks
- Linux skills
- Some experience with Docker, MongoDB
You care about software; you have a passion for what you do which you can clearly convey by your actions rather than just personal statements on your CV. For you it’s more than a job. You like to pick the right tool for the task at hand.
You believe software development involves a lot more than just writing code. You see it as your remit to really understand our domain so we can all deliver as much value to the business as possible. When you do write code you believe it has to be done really well. To you, quality (both internal and external) really matters. These are things we really care about.
Experience otherwise is relative – 2-3 years working in an agile/XP manner is worth much more to us than 5 in a traditional environment. If you’ve not got working experience with things like TDD (Test Driven Development) and refactoring (maybe you’ve always wanted to but your current job doesn’t allow for it) show us you’re at least familiar with the concepts and that you really want to work in this kind of environment and you’re still in with a good chance.
- 25 days holiday (increasing by one day each January, up to a maximum of 30 days).
- Bonus birthday day off.
- Pension Scheme.
- Healthshield cash back scheme.
- Travel season ticket loan.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Flexible working hours.
- Up to 3 days paid each year to do volunteer/charity work.
Got any questions? Want to know more about the role or team before applying? Get in touch ([email protected])