Technical Account Manager
The Client Operations team at 7digital are the operational point of contact for our B2B clients. Our primary role is to represent the needs of the clients within 7digital and ensure the client is provided with a best-in-class support they need to develop, maintain and scale their music service.
We are looking to grow this important team and need a proactive Technical Account Manager to own and manage the operational relationship with some of our key clients. You will be required to facilitate a very dynamic relationship between our clients and the company, with varying touch points. You will need to assert control on the flow of tasks and information without impeding a fast paced interaction. As such you’ll need to be very process oriented with very close attention to detail. You will also be able to collaborate across teams, ensuring you develop relationships across different departments in different geographical locations. You will need to govern the day to day interaction between the client and company, ensuring the business is progressing agreed priorities to agreed timescales, and hence you will have the necessary gravitas to challenge your colleagues where required. You will take ownership of escalated client issues, technical or operational, and manage them through to resolution.
Our clients are serviced by our full stack solution so you will work closely with the Product team, QA team and development teams to ensure development work is appropriately prioritised and completed across the full service. As such you will be familiar with agile best practices. You will learn the full stack end to end and be responsible for ensuring stakeholders are kept fully up to date of progress and changes on relevant work.
To succeed in this role you must be client focussed but you must also be user centric. You will be the champion of the client within 7digital. Being able to identify what is important to our client but also the users of our clients service is critical for this role to help ensure the company places the right emphasis on what’s important.
● Work closely with in-house and external software developers to prioritise work requests for clients, reflective of the agreed roadmap and working practices to drive the relevant tasks forward
● You will be required to use various tools and APIs to manage the development process and support the operational needs of both the client and the development teams
● Ensure all stakeholders are kept up-to-date with progress of agreed work and made aware of any delays, bottlenecks or changes to requirements
● Co-ordinate with the Product team and development teams to input client requirements into the prioritisation process for each development team. You will need to work with the Client Operations team to understand the priorities of the business and then communicate the outcomes of prioritisation sessions to the team
● Ensure completed work requests are communicated to the client alongside accompanying release details and management of various tracking tools for full visibility of latest service status
Required Skills and Experience:
● Experience in managing large scale clients
● Experience in using project management tooling, eg. JIRA, Confluence, etc
● Strong experience communicating technical terms into simple, relatable feedback for clients and non-technical stakeholders
● Good knowledge of IT solutions and technical platforms and an ability to translate this knowledge into solutions
● Experience working with web apps, mobile apps and CMS. An understanding of how user interface components relate to each and how changes may affect the end user experience
● Self-motivated, with a strong sense of responsibility and ownership of client needs
● Comfortable working under pressure to tight deadlines with multiple stakeholders, from dev team leads to senior management level communication
● Excellent communication and organizational skills
● Ambitious and able to demonstrate enthusiasm about digital music, web and mobile technologies
● Able to foresee and identify potential issues and proactively resolve them independently
● Good experience of working collaboratively with multiple teams
● Good working knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint