People Manager (12 month FTC)
7digital is a b2b digital music solutions company. We work with clients and partners to transform the listening experience for music fans like you, around the world. Our digital music platform and flexible APIs are used to power comprehensive music and radio services for leading consumer brands, mobile carriers, automotive systems, retailers, broadcasters and record labels. Alongside great technology, we offer global music rights, award-winning radio production services, and content management expertise, making us a leading global partner in the digital music industry.
About the role
The People Manager is responsible for running and maintaining the People function for a team of around 80 employees and a number of freelancers/ contractors.
This is a stand alone, generalist HR role so you need to be happy to get stuck in. You will report into the Chief Operating Officer, with a strong direct line to the Chief Executive. You will also line manage our Office Manager.
As the Voice of ‘HR’ at 7digital you will need to strike the balance between winning the trust of staff and managers whilst also being viewed as the authority on People related matters at all levels of the business.
Our vision is to make 7digital an employer of choice so there will also be opportunities to make your mark with exciting new employee engagement initiatives.
- Managing the monthly payroll process and staff benefits with external providers
- Dealing with day to day HR queries, up to and including, Board level
- Managing the Bamboo HR system
- Onboarding and offboarding of staff
- Providing advice and coaching to line managers, the senior team and Board on all HR related issues, with attendance at weekly Senior Management meetings
- Handling any disciplinary, grievance and performance management cases
- Leading on 7digital’s Employee Engagement survey and producing recommendations based on the data
- Working closely with the CFO, Director of Legal, Business and Music Partnerships and outsourced Company Secretarial company to support the Remuneration Committee, arrange share option awards and ensure compliance with AIM rules
- Responding to Data Subject Access requests where required
- Supporting line managers through the recruitment process
- Managing parental leave, return to work arrangements, sabbaticals, flexible working requests etc
- Working on a variety of company initiatives to improve employee engagement
- Line managing our Office Manager and mentoring/ training them in HR best practice
- Supporting the Office Manager in improving employee engagement through office events
- Ensuring our benefits and pay scales remain competitive through regular benchmarking
- Project work, including TUPE transfers, where required
- Ability to multi task
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly organised.
- Enjoys working in a fast paced and changing environment
- Strong knowledge of UK employment law
- Good numeracy skills
- Comfortable working with stakeholders at all levels
- Familiarity with G Suite would be an advantage
- 25 days holiday (increasing by one day each year, up to a maximum of 30 days)
- Bonus birthday day off
- Pension Scheme
- Healthshield cashback scheme
- Travel season ticket loan
- Cycle to work scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Up to 3 days paid each year to do volunteer/charity work